Sunday, June 11, 2017

dreamweavers

dreamweavers

New wall hangings have arrived at little dear! I've had this idea of somehow combining embroidery and weaving in my dreamcatchers floating around in my head for so long and I've finally had the chance to play around with it! I'm pretty happy with how these have turned out and I hope you like them too. 

dreamweavers

Like all of my dream catchers, these incorporate one of a kind embroidery designs, and also one of my other loves, weaving. Weaving and embroidery are two of the oldest known art forms so they seem to belong together. To two of these I have added twigs foraged from my own yard to add to the sweet woodland feel.

meadow fox weaving

I wanted to try and include an embroidered panel into a traditional woven wall hanging as well so this sweet fox piece was born! It is a little rough around the edges as I am still working out the technical details so it's available in my shop at a special price.

If one of these unique pieces catches your eye, look for them along with my other dream catchers at my shop!

xo aimee

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for your comments! I love hearing from you! :)